Reflections on 2009 (not a Top 10 List)

I was going to prepare a Top 10 list for 2009, but it seems as though there are enough out there to keep readers occupied (thanks to those of you who submitted suggestions for my list - I'll try and incorporate them into future posts).  So I've decided instead to just write a short summary of my reflections for 2009...

This past year has been a very important year for me, both personally and professionally.  I decided to leave my consulting firm of more than ten years and accept a new position as the Director of the Equal Employment Advisory and Litigation Support Division at Minimax Consulting.  This was to be a brand new division for Minimax, and in September we launched.  In addition to my responsibilities as an economic and statistical expert/consultant, I was now responsible for an entire business division.  I've settled in to my new roles well, and am really enjoying it.  I work with a great group of people who are truly engaged in what they do, and I couldn't be happier.

2009 was the year of Social Media for me.  I set up this blog, and a Twitter account, and began searching for others who had similar interests.  My very first "real" Twitter follower was Leigh Nason of Ogletree Deakins (@OFCCPNews).  Thanks Leigh! Since September, I have had the pleasure of tweeting with a lot of really great people - too many to mention here.  But I hope you know who you are and how much I have enjoyed you all this year.

Finally, 2009 brought me my Savannah Cat Beatrice (adopted from Chris Shirk at Cutting Edge Cats).  She's my favorite puppy-cat: she walks on a leash, follows us like a dog, and plays fetch (often for hours at a time).  She also sprawls in our bed quite regularly- my husband keeps asking how an 11 pound cat can take up as much room as a full grown human!  Couldn't resist including a picture of her:




All in all, 2009 has been a great year full of changes, new responsibilities and new hopes.  I'm sure 2010 will be just as exciting.  Thanks to all of my readers and my Tweeple - Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2010!

0 comments: