About Me

I am the Director of the Equal Employment Advisory and Litigation Support Division of Minimax Consulting. Minimax Consulting is an economic, statistical, and strategic consulting firm headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island.

My Division provides consulting services, dispute resolution support, and expert testimony to Fortune 500 companies, major law firms, and local, state, and federal governments and agencies. We specialize in labor and employment issues in both advisory and litigation contexts. I have extensive experience in gender, race and age discrimination claims with respect to hiring, promotion, compensation, termination, and other employment practices. I also have experience in wage and hour issues. Outside of the litigation context, I advise clients on best practices for compensation, hiring, promotion, reductions in force, and other employment-related decisions.

I have been admitted as an Expert in the field of Economics and Statistics in a variety of federal and state courts throughout the United States. I have testified on questions of statistical liability and damages in a variety of civil matters, including alleged discrimination in hiring, promotion, and termination decision, as well as statistical sampling and methodology. I have also authored independent analyses for numerous matters that remained outside of the litigation arena or were resolved via mediation or arbitration.

I have more than ten years of experience as an economic and statistical consultant. Although my practice focuses on labor and employment, I have worked on a variety of "non-employment" applied economic and statistical projects. For example, I performed a statistical analysis of the effects of "stray voltage" on the milk production of dairy cows. This analysis utilized a very large data set containing information on cow lineage, daily milk production, vaccinations and health care records for each of the members of the herd. I also testified at a mediation involving a business interruption and lost profits claim involving a major insurance carrier and one of the world's largest producers of grain and foodstuffs.

Prior to my consulting career, I served on the Faculty of the College of Arts and Sciences at New York University. I taught courses in microeconomic and macroeconomic theory and econometrics. I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Economics at Elmira College in Elmira, New York, and my MA and PhD in Economics from the New School for Social Research in New York City.

My contact information is as follows:
Minimax Consulting
Silver Lake Executive Campus
41 University Drive, Suite 400
Newtown, PA 18940
phone - (401) 331-6360
alt phone - (215) 867-9401
fax - (401) 663-6067
email - sthomas_eea@minimaxconsulting.com

0 comments: